Course coordinator: Annamaria Iagnocco
The Italian participants the course will be accredited by the Italian Ministry of Health, in relation with the Italian Continuing Medical Educational program (CME).
• to learn the indications and limits of musculoskeletal (MS) ultrasound (US) in rheumatology
• to learn sonoanatomy and identify different musculoskeletal structures in healthy subjects by US
• to learn standard scans in different anatomic areas according to EULAR guidelines
• to learn ultrasound-detectable abnormalities in rheumatology
Applications, indications and limits of MSUS in rheumatology; US physics and technology; US patterns of MS structures; MSUS artifacts; appropriate use and positioning of the probe; US settings and B-mode/Doppler optimization; standard scans of the shoulder, elbow, wrist,hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot; basic US pathology (tendinosis, tenosynovitis, tendon lesions, enthesopathy, enthesitis, bursitis, cortical abnormalities, calcifications, cartilage abnormalities, joint effusion, synovial hypertrophy, synovitis); interpretation of US images; US report and documentation; US diagnosis; basic skills in US-guided procedures.
• US Setting
• Sonoanatomy standard scans of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot in healthy subjects
• Training in elementary US basic lesions
• US Sessions in patients with rheumatic diseases