Course coordinator: Annamaria Iagnocco
The Course has been endorsed by the Italian Society for Rheumatology.
Registration will be open to all EULAR Member Countries.
Participants will give their formal evaluation of the course.
The sponsors will not have any influence on the programme, its content or speakers.
The course will be accredited by the Italian Ministry of Health for Italian participants only, in relation with the Italian Continuing Medical Educational program (CME).
• to learn the indications and limits of musculoskeletal (MS) ultrasound (US) in rheumatology
• to learn sonoanatomy and identify different musculoskeletal structures in healthy subjects by US
• to learn standard scans in different anatomic areas according to EULAR guidelines
• to learn ultrasound-detectable abnormalities in rheumatology
Applications, indications and limits of MSUS in rheumatology; US physics and technology; US patterns of MS structures; MSUS artifacts; appropriate use and positioning of the probe; US settings and B-mode/Doppler optimization; standard scans of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot; basic US pathology (tendinosis, tenosynovitis, tendon lesions, enthesopathy, enthesitis, bursitis, cortical abnormalities, calcifications, cartilage abnormalities, joint effusion, synovial hypertrophy, synovitis); interpretation of US images; US report and documentation; US diagnosis; basic skills in US-guided procedures.
Workshops (small groups, with supervisor)
• US Setting
• Standard scans of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, hip, knee, ankle and foot in healthy subjects
• Training in elementary US basic lesions